The original 10 Sept closing date for entries to the British Middle Distance Championships 2017 has now passed. Late Entries may be accepted but are not guaranteed – see details under Late Entries, Changes and Editing.
The British Middle Championships are open to members of the British Orienteering Federation and to members of IOF affiliated Federations. See Competition Rule B: British Middle Distance Orienteering Championships for further information on eligibility to be a British Champion.
Start times are expected to be between 1030 and 1300. They will be extended a little if necessary.
Competitors will be able to state a preference for an Early, Middle or Late start, but the size of these 3 blocks on any course will be determined by the proportions choosing each block.
Split starts will be available for parents with young children. There will be an option to choose this.
Helpers should enter as normal but select a Helper start.
Start times will be arranged after entries close. They will be published at least a week before the event.
There will be seeding for all classes except for M/W 10/12.
M/W 14/16 will be seeded based on the 2017 Junior Seeding list.
M/W 18/20/21 will be seeded in the usual way for elite competitors according to Rules of Orienteering.
M/W 35+ will be seeded based on the British Orienteering ranking list.
Except for M/W 18/20/21, up to 10 entrants (depending on total entries received) of the highest ranked competitors will have the option of being seeded and hence starting last in their age class. To participate in this, entrants likely to be seeded need to select a Late start. To opt out of this, entrants likely to be seeded should select an Early or Middle start.
All classes from M/W10 to M/W85 will be available. For the middle distance event there are no separate elite, short and long courses. The course table on the Event Details page shows the provisional information.
Orange, yellow and white colour coded courses will also be available.
|By 14 Aug||By 10 Sept||EOD|
|Seniors (M/W21+) on Championship courses||£22||£25||Not available|
|Juniors (M/W20-) on Championship courses||£11||£13||Not available|
|Seniors on White, Yellow or Orange||£10||£10||£12|
|Juniors on White, Yellow or Orange||£5||£5||£6|
• Senior full time students pay the Junior entry fees. Proof of status may be requested.
• SIAC card hire is £2.30 or £1.50 for seniors or juniors. SI card hire is £1 or 50p.
• Any entrants unable to pay online should contact the Entries Secretary.
• Competitors can edit their entry for such as class changes and preferences without charge up to 10 September 2017.
• Changes to age class entries requested after 10 September 2017 will be charged at £2 per change. There can be no guarantee that changes will be possible though every effort will be made where there are good reasons for the change.
• There is no guarantee that late entries will be possible after 10 September 2017. If they are available there will be an extra charge on the closing date fees. Details will be published nearer the time if maps and start times are available.
There should be enough space near the arena for all vehicles, but we need to plan this so that the space is used efficiently. In order to do this, you will be asked to indicate the type and number of vehicles for people on that entry form using the categories car, 4WD car, minibus, coach, small campervan (no bigger than a VW camper), large campervan, cycle or motorcycle. Please ensure that a vehicle and its passengers are only counted once. If travelling with someone else, walking or using public transport, do not complete these sections.
We need to collect vehicle information separately from the Sprint Championships as the needs are different.
Orienteering is an adventure sport and competitors participate at their own risk.
The event is covered by the standard British Orienteering major events Cancellation Procedure and Policy and Cancellation, Curtailment and Refund Policy, except that the following terms will apply to cancellation by competitors.
• Entries can only be cancelled by contacting the Entries Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
• Competitors cancelling their entry by midnight on 10 September 2017 will receive a refund of their entry fee and other monies paid less an administrative charge of 10% of the total.
• Competitors cancelling their entry after midnight on 10 September 2017 will receive no refund.